Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Substitutes - There is no Substitue

Oh holy hell. I was looking forward to one damn thing today and that was political science class. That meant I wasn't going home, to sit on the couch, while I kept telling myself that I was going to get up and exercise every 15 minutes - and yet never actually do it. But what did I have to deal with when I walked into class? A substitute - that was as entertaining as paint drying. OMG! The one girl warned me as I was walking down the hall. She flagged me down to tell me that there was a sub - and she had him before - and he was BORING! She isn't a liar.

He droned on and on and on - the subject was the judiciary branch. When he got to "code" law he proceeded to explain about Europe, and how the Celtics were overtaken by the Romans who were overtaken by the Vikings who then moved to an island (probably because they were embarassed). My mind wandered to the geometry homework that I needed to work on when I got home---------------I began to doodle-------------he then explained how the Vikings were ultimately defeated by the French----------------wait a minute--------------did he say the French beat the Vikings? ----------------------what the fuck?----------------- the French actually won something? And they kicked the shit out of the Vikings. --------My mind wandered to men in metal helmet with horns sticking out the sides wearing pink tu-tus running from men wearing berets----------------------then I began taking notes:

European League
Celtics lose to the Romans, Europe now speaking Latin
Romans defeated by Vikings - not sure what language they are speaking - probably Spanish like half of America now
In an unpredictable upset, the Vikings are spanked by the French - Europe now saying things like "Ooh, la, la" and "croissant"

It was 3 useless hours after that.

2 comments:

Paige said...

A sub for a college class? I never heard of such a thing. Sounds like he was a bust---

Now I could tell you some doozies about hte judiciary branch (but I would not want them to know that I could!)

Jodi said...

Let me tell you, you'd have been a sight more informative and entertaining than the sub they gave us.