Monday, July 30, 2007

Scratch Mechanical Abilities Off My Resume

So, it seems the fates have shown me that I will not become a landscaper. For you see, I had asked my dearest husband some weeks ago to replace the blade on the weed wacker and put the string head back on it. Did he do so? No he didn't. So this morning I called him at work and asked him how to go about changing it out. I have some serious trimming to do around the place. He said there was a manual, that it was easy. Okay, so I get out the manual. It seems very simple. I manage to get the blade off - look at the manual - complete with pictures and everything - and then screw on the string head. Wa-la. It was done. I start the wacker and nothing, the head won't spin. What the hell? I looked at the pictures and everything, it should work. But it was not. My nephew even came over, a smart young man with mechanical abilities. He cannot get anything to budge. So there went my plans for the afternoon of trimming around the house.

Dearest husband comes home and I ask if he wants to look at the weed wacker. Of course all I get is a grunt and a eye roll. He takes one look at it and tells me I apparently forgot to leave some part on it when I put the string head back on. Ummm, no I did not. I even got out the manual. See, look at the picture, that part is not in it. I looked at it several times. No part. He said it was there, you just couldn't see it. What the hell? What do you mean I cannot see it. It isn't in the damn picture. So now I have to take the stupid thing to the lawn mower repair shop tomorrow and see if they can get it fixed. I am going to tell them my husband did it. LOL

1 comment:

Paige said...

Absolutely tell them he did it--cuz if he had used it when you asked him to, he would have broken it himself so it would have been true.

My weed wacker is finally out of the shop, but I had to give up my tractor and bush hog and my fancy lawnmower to get it. Now what is the point of trimming if you cannot see the edges for the three feet of grass? None, I say