Thursday, August 2, 2007

Is It Thursday Already?

Where does the time go? It is like being on summer vacation when you were a kid. I have only been home this week without a real job and I have already lost track of the days.

Well, I met with the outplacement guy yesterday - at the mall - while I watched teenage girls wearing too much makeup parading around as teenage boys followed them. There was also your occassional retired couple and of course mothers with strollers looking like they just needed to get out of the house and see other grown up human beings.

My guy, Paul, was what I expected. A white male in his late 50's who hadn't had a corporate job for sometime now. He was an old HR guy - another big surprise. Oh, he was nice enough, but I kept finding my mind wandering to the Aunt Annies Pretzles that sat across the way, just behind his head. I am already bored of the process with this ouplacement service. I am already bored of the tests and of the workbook I am supposed to fill out using descriptive adjectives to describe myself. I told him it was all bull shit (and I used those words). He didn't understand. I told him it was all crap, fake, bullshit and I didn't want to network, I didn't want to "think outside of the box", I didn't want to call myself a professional marketing analyst. I told him the lady standing on the corner was a professional. He didn't find the humor in it. That's okay, I did. LOL

After my 2 hours at the mall with Paul, I found myself at Eckerts Orchard hoping that they had some peaches. They had some and today I will be making a beautiful peach cobbler after I go get some grain, pick up the weed wacker that I broke earlier this week, and try to find a laptop computer for the kid to go off to college with. Wish me luck.

No comments: