Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Don't Give the Professor Sugar

Alright, I admit it - I like listening to my political science professor lecture. He is a complete nerd, and if I had actually paid any attention in civics or history in highschool I'd probably not find it as enlightening. But I didn't, so I do. And, this was a class that I was dredding having to sit through. The guy has started to grow on me. However, tonight the little feller was a bit of a lunatic. He'd start out behind the podium, move in front of the podium, sit on the table beside the podium and at one point actually laid on the table beside the podium. He was making jokes only he found amusing - okay, one of the 18 year old kids was laughing too - but that doesn't count because 18 year olds don't really know what is funny. And he couldn't seem to stop himself from doing impressions - bad impressions. His George Bush sounds exactly like his Ross Perot. Finally, after class was over he did apologize and say that he had too many Dr. Peppers. Thank goodness, I was beginning to think he had spent too much time in his other classes today doing his Darth Vadar impression, thus restricting his oxygen intake (I told you he was a geek). When class started he went to Youtube to show us a clip from one of the Republican debates - but before he found what he was looking for he showed us the Dramatic Chipmunk. Have you seen this? It is funny as hell, but not nearly as funny as watching him giggle like a little girl while he watched it.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I kind of miss those wackjob professors--I had one in some poli sci class that always looked like he was coming home from a safari--khaki clothes and flip flops, and he had a long gray beard and long gray hair. He too giggled--really high pitched like he was being goosed.

He would stand near a wall, with one foot cocked back and rock back and forth against the wall--it was creepy

Jodi said...

All I've got to say is that if this freak arrives to class at Holloween in a Star Trek outfit I am leaving.